Thursday, December 20, 2012

Karate Birthday Card

This is a card that I made for my son's Karate instructor.  His birthday is tomorrow and I thought he would enjoy a cute origami gi.  Since this card is intended for a man, I tried to keep the colors masculine and the design simple.
The gi was made from printer paper since it is thinner and easier to fold than cardstock.  I used instructions I found on YouTube for an origami soccer uniform.  The belt was made with some black grosgrain ribbon.  Since the instructor is a black belt, it is appropriate for his card to have one too.
The inside of the card has a simple birthday greeting.  I added four stripes to the side of the card, since he recently became a fourth degree black belt.  His new belt is embroidered in red, so that is where the color choice came from.
A clean and simple card with a masculine feel.   And the colors and design will be meaningful.  Plus, I think it is really cute!

Papers: Whisper White (#100730), Basic Black (#121045), Cherry Cobbler (#119685)
Inks: Cherry Cobbler (#126966)
Stamps: Curly Cute (#120510)
Other Supplies: Neutral Brads (#119736), Big Shot (#113439), Square Lattice Folder (#119976), Black Grosgrain Ribbon (retired - could substitute with taffeta ribbon)
Square Lattice Folder (#119976)
Curly Cute (#120510)
HOLIDAY TREAT BUNDLES!
Looking for cute ways to package little treats and gifts for co-workers, teachers, neighbors, and friends?  Simply add a treat or gift and assemble. Lighten your holiday load without emptying your wallet!  See my Promotions page for details.


No comments: