Wednesday, May 15, 2013

FMS86: Sunshine Summer Card

 This card was inspired by the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge (#86).  The sketch was very simple and I decided to keep it simple to focus on the sentiment.

When I saw the sketch I knew that I wanted to use the Feel Goods Stamp Set on the main panel of the sketch.

I simply love all the sentiments in this stamp set.  I decided to use the Sunshine one, so I went with green and yellow for the colors.  Makes me think of the upcoming summer.

The bright colors give a happy feel and make this card great to give to anyone who needs a little pick up, which made this fun to make since it is rainy here today.  The small green dahlia helps bring the green onto the panel and adds dimension.

Since I move the sentiment from the original sketch, I added a few brown rhinestones to the bottom edge of the card.  I love that I can make my rhinestones any color by simply coloring them with a Sharpie marker.  I have a very large set of multiple colored pens for just this purpose.  What is your favorite technique to dress up a card?


Papers: Whisper White (#100730), Gumball Green (#126840), Patio Party DSP (#126916, retiring)
Inks: Chocolate Chip (#126979)
Stamps: Feel Goods (#129684)
Other Supplies: Summer Starfruit Stitched Ribbon (#126846), Rhinestones (#119246), In Color Dahlias (#127556), Big Shot (#113439), Stripes Folder (#123128)


Show & Tell: New Photopolymer Sets and a NEW Online Class!



If you haven't tried our photopolymer stamp sets yet, now is the time! We've got two more for you: Show & Tell 1 and 2. Together these sets feature more than 60 versatile images that you can mix and
match to create personalized backgrounds, patterns, layers, and dimensions to make any project stand out.

And even better, these sets are featured in our new Seeing the Possibilities Class! Take this class to discover how quickly and easily you can line up the stamped images for precision placement, achieve just the right
ink coverage, combine images together exactly where you want them. . .well you get the idea. The possibilities are endless!

See the flyer by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. Bright, cheery and oh-so wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect stamp to use with this sketch! And I love these colors together. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Love the combination of that bold spotted DSP with the embossed Gumball Green cardstock! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete