Monday, May 20, 2013

Mojo294: End of Year Teacher Gift

Today started out with just a card sketch challenge from Mojo Monday (#294) and turned into a little bit more.

The sketch has some elements that I omitted or changed.  The square panel was made a little bigger to fit the dress and the trim was eliminated to keep it cleaner.

The embellishment was switched out for the sentiment.  I went with "just for you" since I wanted to use this for a teacher gift for my son's teacher.

For the card, I used both dresses from the Dress Up Framelit.  The strapless dress was done with DSP and the other dress was used to make the jacket. 

Once I started the card, I just could not stop.  Since I have been thinking about end of year gifts, I altered a container to hold some treats.  Since having surgery I have been on a liquid diet, so I have been using a lot of protein powder.  This container is the can that held the powder.

I used the same oval and dress to dress up the can.  The brads and paper were a matched set, so I thought it would be nice touch to dress this one up with a fancy belt.

Since the paper had butterflies on it I just had to add a few to the top.  I kept it simple since it may be man handled if the container is opened and closed often.

Overall, I am very happy with the set.  Sometimes it is surprising to me how a small project can lead to even greater inspiration.  A card sketch can lead to a full gift set.  Where do you find inspiration for your projects?


Papers: Very Vanilla (#101650), Pool Party (#122924), Everyday Elegance DSP (retired)
Inks: Pool Party (#126982), Calypso Coral (#126983)
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370), Itty Bitty Banners (#126257)
Other Supplies: Very Vanilla Seam Binding (#120999), Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119960, retiring), Dress Up Framelits (#130101), Bitty Banner Framelits (#129267), Word Window Punch (#119857), Modern Label Punch (#119849), Elegance Brads (retired), Beautiful Wings Embosslit (#118138)

STAMPIN' UP! COLOR REFRESH!   
Announcing the Color Refresh! I love all the different colors that SU! offers, but it is also important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends. I am thrilled to share the updated line of colors, and hope you will be as excited by the new possibilities as I am!

The upcoming 2013-2014 annual catalog will include 10 new colors (most of which are returning In Colors from previous years)! They are welcoming back some of your favorites, moving some colors around, and introducing one brand-new color, so take a look!  Also, starting April 4th, all retiring and discontinued color products will be sold while supplies last.  So, stock up now on your favorites before they are gone.

Demo_Current-Update_Color-Refresh_NA

No comments: