Thursday, February 14, 2013

3D Thursday: Birdhouse Holder

Since I was on vacation last week, I decided to make this Thursday the 3D Thursday project.  This is a Birdhouse Holder that I saw on Kards by Kadie.  Her directions are listed as follows:

The measurements for this birdhouse are:
Base Box = 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Whisper White
Score on the 5-1/2" side at 1" and 4"
Score on thr 8-1/2" side at 3", 4", 7" and 8"

DSP for Siding Your House:
Qty 2 pcs of 3"x2" DSP
Qty 2 pcs of 3"x1" DSP

Roof: 1-1/2" x 5" Cardstock and you will score this in half to create your roof.

I started with these measurements and worked out the rest for myself.
The base of the Birdhouse looks like this.  I scored the cardstock exactly as the directions stated and then cut the appropriate lines.  I am not sure if this is how it was originally done, but it worked out for me.

To keep the roof attached I left one of the "flaps" on and then glued the roof to it.  This way the roof does not completely come off.

Then it was just a matter of decorating.  I thought the Birdhouse should have a door so a sponged a small circle and then added the bird.

A piece of ribbon holds the roof closed when it is not being used.  You can see that this Birdhouse could hold about 3 standard size Post-it note pads.  You could, of course, fill it with anything that you wanted.

Here is what it looks like closed.  I love that the project is so adorable and useful.  It would be perfect sitting on any desk and could hide a variety of necessary supplies.  I made these for my son's teachers for Valentine's Day.  I wanted to give them something that they could use throughout the year.

I hope that they feel the love that went into making these gifts and get a lot of use out of them in the future.


Papers: Sahara Sand (#121043), Calypso Coral (#122925), Everyday Elegance DSP (retired)
Inks: Soft Suede (#126978)
Stamps: Language of Friendship (#122752)
Other Supplies: Stampin' Trimmer (#126889), Bird Builder Punch (#117191), Calypso Coral Ribbon (retired)
Bird Builder Punch (#117191)
Language of Friendship Stamp Set (#122752)
Sale-a-Bration Is Going On NOW!
Sale-a-Bration is an anunal party with loads of free products!  This year it is better than ever... in honor of Stampin' Up! celebrating 25 years.  There are three ways to enjoy:
  1. Host a party: You can get a pack of silver glimmer paper for $150 party, or you can get glimmer paper and a free product bundle for a $400 party.  Plus you still get the everyday hostess benefits.
  2. Shop for yourself: For every $50 in product that you purchase you get to pick one free SAB item.  Spend $100 pick two.  This offer is also valid for anyone shopping at your party.
  3. Join the Stampin' Up! Family: During SAB, you can get 25% more in your starter kit.  You get to choose $156.50 worth or product for only $99.  Whether you want to start your own business or just enjoy this as a hobby, that is a great deal!

No comments: