Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Paper Players: Travel Log

I spend most of my time making cards for holidays and birthdays (a lot of birthdays!), so I wanted to make something different today.  Sometimes a card is just a great way to be creative for no reason at all.

The layout was inspired by The Paper Players sketch challenge (#138).  This is a great layered sketch that creates a lot of interest.

When I started looking at all the brush sets and DSP, I thought it would be fun to try to use only one designer kit for the entire card.  I chose the Travel Log set because I just love the map as a background.

The inside of the card is one of my favorite journaling techniques, which is defining a word.  I love the way one word can have many meanings and make a card more meaningful.  Let your creativity go and start your own journey!


Supplies: MDS, Travel Log Designer Kit

Spring Surprise Promotion
Spring is definitely in the air, and we can’t wait to show you all the new products in the 2013–2014 annual catalog. Here’s your pre-sneak peek look at the A Round Array Stamp Set!  From March 15 through May 30, we’ve bundled it with the coordinating 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch (introduced in the 2013 spring catalog)!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I'm glad you had some time to just be creative for fun. I love the defintion on the inside of the card. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun way to be creative, just for fun! Cute! So happy you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete