Wednesday, June 26, 2013

CTD248: Thoughts of Summer Card

I decided to make one of my paper cards as inspiration for a digital one.  Summer is here and we have been spending A LOT of time swimming.  For my card class this week we made a beach inspired card.  So, when I saw the colors on Color Throwdown this week, I knew they would make a great beach card too.

The Crumb Cake and Cool Carribean made me think of sand and water.  I did not have Cool Carribean, so I use Pool Party instead.

There is nothing like relaxing on a beach to set my imagination free.  A blanket and umbrella make this scene complete.  I also added some splatter to give texture to the sand. Since I could not find DSP that I really liked for the beach blanket I made my own with some free form lines.

The inside got a little touch of the beach, as well.  This is a great generic card to send to someone, just to let them know you are thinking of them during the busy summer months.  How do you like to spend your summer?


Supplies: MDS (#130646), Word Play Stamp Brush Set (#124432), Half Circle Punch (#127164), Word Window Punch (#122161), Scallop Border Punch (retired)

Paper Pumpkin . . .A Magical Paper Escape Every Month


 


Getting Started
It's so easy to get started. Simply sign up for the program by visiting www.mypaperpumpkin.com and click "Get it". Every month a new, surprise project kit arrives at your doorstep. Just think of the anticipation of creating a fun project to pin, showoff, and share with your friends and family every month!

Of course, you'll want to know more. So here's the nitty gritty:
  • Each month you get a unique, surprise kit with a project-cards, journals, décor, and more! (We've even color-coordinated, measured, and cut everything for you!)
  • Each kit includes stamps, ink, paper, and accessories-everything but adhesive.
  • We will ship your Paper Pumpkin on or around the 15th of the month. 
  • You need to sign up for a kit by the 10th of the month to get that month's kit. If you sign up on the 11th of the month, your first kit will come the next month.
  • A Paper Pumpkin membership is $19.95 per month (and shipping is included!) There's no commitment, you can cancel your monthly Paper Pumpkin at anytime. You can also skip a month if you want.
  • Please list me as your demonstrator when you sign up!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute design...the little umbrella is adorable and I love how you created the *sand*!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute summertime card! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete