Wednesday, June 19, 2013

HSSSC162: Delightful Dozen Birthday

When I saw this sketch challenge I was struck by inspiration.  Unfortunately it has been a very busy day, so I decided to make a quick card in MDS rather than paper.  The idea is still the same though.

The sketch is from Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.  I love the simplicity of the design and was immediately drawn to those three small banners.

This birthday stamp from Delightful Dozen is so cute and great for coloring (with markers or the coloring tool).  I turned the sketch sideways in order to turn the banners into candles.  When I have more time I will definitely be turning this into a paper card to give at a birthday party this weekend.


Supplies: MDS (#130647). Delightful Dozen Stamp Brush Set (#127597), Cake & Ice Cream Stamp Brush Set (#130867), Bird Punch (#122131)
Colors: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Whisper White

STAMPIN' UP! COLOR REFRESH!   
The 2013-2014 annual catalog includes 10 new colors (most of which are returning In Colors from previous years)! They are welcoming back some of your favorites, moving some colors around, and introducing one brand-new color, so take a look!

Demo_Current-Update_Color-Refresh_NA

6 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!! Love the candles- perfect!!! Great color combo!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORBS!! I love your digi card and your take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you used MDS to create your card. Great idea of using the sentiment like a cake. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I love the balloons and candles, and the colors are so festive. I think I may CASE this in paper form! Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a clever card! Love the candles! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great MDS card! Love how you colored the stamp and how you placed the candles and the balloons. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete