Friday, July 19, 2013

Convention 2013 Swaps

Stampin' Up! Convention 2013 has finally arrived.  The open song was sung by Ryan from The Voice, and then Shelli and her entire family came out to welcome us.  Everything looks stunning and I am so excited to start the first full day here in Salt Lake City.

I posted a few days ago about a 3D Swap that I was going to be doing here at Convention (see post here).  I thought I would also show you some of the goodies I got in return.  This is a cute, bright drink powder holder (like the Crystal Lite packets) that you can hang on a water bottle. It was made by the swap organizer Erin Cook from North Carolina. I love all the colors!

This cute bird pin was made with a metal plate and pin back purchased from a craft store and then embellished with our "For the Birds" stamp set.  This pin was created by Alyce Brown from Illinois and is a sweet gift idea. 

This bright and cheerful ornament was created by Denise Knowles from North Carolina.  I love that you can see both sides and the DSP and the super cute embellishments that she used.

Besides wonderful friends, great swaps, and lots of free goodies, Convention this year is about making a difference in many ways.  Last night I helped put together birthday kits for a local chidren's hospital.  It was lots of fun.  Stampin' Up! also set a Guinness Book World Record for the most greeting cards sent simultaneously from a single location (the record is now 2,984 if you are wondering).

Well, I am off to another fun day of classes and projects.  More to come!




No comments: