Monday, July 8, 2013

Homemade Necklace Packaging


Well, I took a week off to clean my craft closet (yes, closet).  My craft room is also our guest room.  I have a murphy bed that folds up to becoming my craft table.  We purchased an cabinet for guest to hang clothes in and converted the closet to hold all my toys.  When I finally get it all put together I will have to show it off.

I did manage to get things put back together enough to do a little craft therapy.  I decided to start by making a holder for a necklace I just bought for a swap I am doing later this month.  My book club does a swap every July where we all bring a unique and/or handmade gift.  I found this necklace on Etsy, but needed a cute way to wrap it.

I started by cutting two lines about one inch long at an angle on the top of my base.  It is hard to see, but I also punched holes at the end with my brad hole puncher to allow room for the chain.

Here you can see how the necklace fits into the cuts.  I pulled the chain so that the necklace hung exactly where I wanted it.

The chain was longer than the base on back, so I added a small cardstock pocket to hold the excess chain.

I just added adhesive to three sides, leaving the top open for the chain to slide into.

I secured the base with more Sticky Strip and then added a little "grass" to the bottom.  I wanted to go with a natural theme, since the necklace was a bird and branch.

On the front I added some flowers and leaves to a panel.  Since I do not know who this will end up going to, I just left the sentiment simple.  I attached the finished panel to a belly band to keep the card closed.

This looks so much cuter than the plastic bag the the necklace originally came in.  I can not wait to get to the swap and see what the girls think of it.


Papers: Rose Red (#102544), Bashful Blue (retired), Wild Wasabi (#108641), Whisper White (#100730)
Inks: Rose Red (#126954), Wild Wasabi (#126959)
Stamps: Secret Garden (#129144)
Other Supplies: Sticky Strip (#104294), Big Shot (#113439), Apothecary Accents Framelits (#127003), Secret Garden Framelits (#129372), Stripes Folder (#123128), Word Window Punch (#119857)


Buy 3, Get 1 FREE!
Collect a paper stash for every mood and project.  From now until July 31st, buy three packs of your favorite Designer Series Papers and get one FREE! No limits. Order six? You'll get two for free. Nine? You'll get three for free.

The Fine Print:
  • These items don't qualify for the offer:
    • Designer Series Paper Stacks
    • Specialty Designer Series Paper
    • Designer Series Paper from the holiday catalog preorder
    • Designer Series Paper ordered through hostess benefits
  • To get your free DSP, enter it in your order separately from the three packs you're paying for. For example, if you want four packs of the same type of paper, put in the three you're paying for and enter the fourth as a separate item.
  • Check out our Designer Series Papers in the annual catalog pages 151, 153, and 154.

No comments: