Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Technique Tuesday: Altered Clear Mount Case

I had hoped to get this posted earlier today, but Blogger did not seem to want to cooperate.  So, it is a little late... but still Tuesday.

Today's technique is an Altered Clear Mount Case.  I am using this for a 3D Swap at the Stampin' Up! Convention in just a couple of days.  I think it will be perfect, since we are swapping right before it starts and the girls will all need something to write notes on in all the great classes we will be taking.

The main decoration is all cut from one piece of DSP.  You can see here that the largest piece is for the cover (10 5/8 x 7).  The pocket is 3 1/2 x 5 1/2.  I then scored it on three sides at 1/4" and 1/2" to form the folds which give the pocket some depth.  Then I cut the Notepad Top down to 5 inches and wrapped it around the notepad (which I had cut to size at my local office store).  The extras are great for creating additional elements, like an altered pen.

I made all the cases the same way, but used different sheets of DSP for each one.  The new I Am Me DSP is so colorful and fun.  And the camera and suitcase images were perfect for Convention.  I also added the Convention theme on the inside.

Since Convention is all about meeting other demos and making new friends, I could not pass up this sentiment for my cover.  Sitting around with a few thousand (yes, thousand) other demos just laughing and talking is the best part of Convention for me.  All of the colors came straight from the DSP.

Only one more day to get ready and then I am off to Salt Lake City.  I will have plenty of pictures and lots of great tips and tricks when I get back.  And of course, lots of notes in my cute, handy notebook case.


Papers: So Saffron (#105118), Pool Party (#122924), Whisper White (#100730), I Am Me DSP (#130138)
Inks: Calypso Coral (#126983), Basic Gray (#126981)
Stamps: Tape It (#130715), Feel Goods (#129684)
Other Supplies: Clear Mount Cases (#119105), Real Red Stitched Ribbon (#126875), Whisper White Baker's Twine (#124262), Pool Party Button (retired), Big Shot (#113439), Chevron Folder (#127749), MDS (#130910)


Buy 3, Get 1 FREE!
Collect a paper stash for every mood and project.  From now until July 31st, buy three packs of your favorite Designer Series Papers and get one FREE! No limits. Order six? You'll get two for free. Nine? You'll get three for free.

The Fine Print:
  • These items don't qualify for the offer:
    • Designer Series Paper Stacks
    • Specialty Designer Series Paper
    • Designer Series Paper from the holiday catalog preorder
    • Designer Series Paper ordered through hostess benefits
  • To get your free DSP, enter it in your order separately from the three packs you're paying for. For example, if you want four packs of the same type of paper, put in the three you're paying for and enter the fourth as a separate item.
  • Check out our Designer Series Papers in the annual catalog pages 151, 153, and 154.

No comments: