Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Technique Tuesday: Acrylic Post It Note Holder



I use a lot of Post-It Notes when I am crafting.  They are great for holding my framelits in place, masking off areas of a card, and getting lit pieces of paper into punches.  So, I decided to make a pretty way to display one of my favorite craft tools.

I started by stamping a background to fit in my acrylic frame (in this case a 4"x6").  I am absolutely in love with the new Tape It stamp set so I just had to use it on this holder.  I also used the new Happy Days stamp set for the sentiment.

Then I put the finished background into the frame so that the frame sat at an angle on the desktop.

To dress it up a little more, I added some ribbon with a bow.  I tied this on the outside of the frame so it did not get smashed inside the frame.

All that was left to do was take the backing sheet off the Post-It Notes and stick it to the frame.  When the notes run out, I can just add another one and I will be ready for more crafting.


Papers: Wild Wasabi (#108641), Whisper White (#100730)
Inks: Wild Wasabi (#126959), Marina Mist (#126962), Early Espresso (#126974)
Stamps: Happy Day (#130297), Tape It (#130715)
Other Supplies: Marina Mist Ribbon (retired), Acrylic Frame, Post-It Note Pad


Buy 3, Get 1 FREE!
Collect a paper stash for every mood and project.  From now until July 31st, buy three packs of your favorite Designer Series Papers and get one FREE! No limits. Order six? You'll get two for free. Nine? You'll get three for free.

The Fine Print:
  • These items don't qualify for the offer:
    • Designer Series Paper Stacks
    • Specialty Designer Series Paper
    • Designer Series Paper from the holiday catalog preorder
    • Designer Series Paper ordered through hostess benefits
  • To get your free DSP, enter it in your order separately from the three packs you're paying for. For example, if you want four packs of the same type of paper, put in the three you're paying for and enter the fourth as a separate item.
  • Check out our Designer Series Papers in the annual catalog pages 151, 153, and 154.

No comments: