Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Card for Two Challenges

Today's card is the product of two challenges: one for the layout and one for the colors.

The layout is from the Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge.  The overlapping design is not my usual style, so it was fun to step out of my comfort zone and see what I could do.

The colors for this card came from the Color Throwdown Color Challenge this week.  I love the summer feel of these colors and knew as soon as I saw it that I had to use it for something.  Since I did not have any DSP with these specific colors, I used the recolor tool to make my own.

I will be leaving in a week to attend the Stampin' Up! Convention in Salt Lake City.  I am so excited, but my husband will be left here with our wonderful (if sometimes crazy) children.  This card will be perfect to leave behind in an unexpected place for him to find while I am gone.

I used the base of the layout, as well as the main image, on the inside of the card.  I love the way MDS lets you group multiple images into one and then resize them all together.  Makes things like this so much easier.  Have a great summer and come back next week to see all the great things from Convention this year!


Supplies: Joyful Times Kit (#130850), Delicate Doilies Stamp Brush Set (#124226)
Colors: Whisper White, So Saffron, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake


Buy 3, Get 1 FREE!
Collect a paper stash for every mood and project.  From now until July 31st, buy three packs of your favorite Designer Series Papers and get one FREE! No limits. Order six? You'll get two for free. Nine? You'll get three for free.

The Fine Print:
  • These items don't qualify for the offer:
    • Designer Series Paper Stacks
    • Specialty Designer Series Paper
    • Designer Series Paper from the holiday catalog preorder
    • Designer Series Paper ordered through hostess benefits
  • To get your free DSP, enter it in your order separately from the three packs you're paying for. For example, if you want four packs of the same type of paper, put in the three you're paying for and enter the fourth as a separate item.
  • Check out our Designer Series Papers in the annual catalog pages 151, 153, and 154.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love how you floated that little doily in the back! I really need to brush up on my MDS skills! Great colors too! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Craft Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great card! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew!

    ReplyDelete