Monday, January 7, 2013

Fab Friday #09: Buttons and Banners

Today is another Fab Friday Sketch Challenge.  I have to say, this card did not turn out even close to what I started to do.  I had an idea in mind and as I started to work, and then it morphed into something else.  I think that it came out really cute, though.
The Fab Friday Sketch was very simple and easy to adapt to any sentiment or theme.  When I first saw this sketch I had so many ideas.

This card is a little different from the sketch because the repeating pattern is not a line, but a series of banners instead.  I still kept them clean and simple with just some polka dots and a button.
I also decided to keep the sentiment simple, as well.  I absolutely love the ribbon and buttons from the Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button pack that will be available for Sale-A-Bration starting January 22nd.
The colors are simply repeated on the inside. What was complicated about this card was my decision to avoid any neutrals.  There is no Whisper White, Very Vanilla, or any other neutral color on this card.  This was a very difficult challenge for me.  I think it made for a bright and happy birthday card.


Papers: Pacific Point (#111350), So Saffrron (#105118)
Inks: Pacific Point (#126951)
Stamps: Create a Cupcake (#121915)
Other Supplies: Big Shot (#113439), Perfect Polka Dots Folder (#117335), Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack (SAB #130812)
Create a Cupcake (#121915)
Perfect Polka Dots Folder (#117335)
RECEIVE A FREE SPRING CATALOG & SALE-A-BRATION BROCHURE!  
If you would like FREE copies of both sent to you, please visit my website and click contact me to let me know.  U.S. delivery only.  If you already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, please contact them directly for your catalogs.  No demonstrator requests for catalogs, please.  

3 comments:

  1. Love this burst of color! Well done combining such bright shades! Love the ribbon treatment on the inside as well! Great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and cheery card! Love the buttons! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these bright colors for your birthday card. The banners create such a fun element! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete