Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wedding Memories Shadowbox

While I am a avid card maker, I believe that any craft is craft therapy.  A chance to use my imagination and create is always welcome and helps keep me sane.  Something else I always really enjoy is giving things away to others.  This time it is a gift to some friends who just got married in October.

I started by printing the background DSP from MDS.  I also printed the title and sentiment from MDS onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  The color choices were done according to the original wedding colors.  Once I had all the elements together I started to assemble.

I used the Labels Framelits to cut out the sentiment and a mat.  Then I cut the title to make a banner.

The twine was purchased at a local hardware store.  During the ceremony they did a hand-fastening with twine that was very similar to this, so I thought it would be a nice addition to the box that would evoke fond memories.  The photos are of the bride's actual dress and the location that they got married.





I thought that a few hearts would be a nice clean addition, and I embossed them with the Square Lattice Folder to give them texture.


Overall, I really like the way that it turned out.  I hope they do too!



Papers: Very Vanilla (#101650), Midnight Muse (#126843), 1 from Number One (MDS)
Inks: Printed in Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse from MDS
Stamps: True Love from Wedding Words (MDS)
Other Supplies: Labels Framelits (#125598), Hearts Framelits (#125599), Square Lattice Folder (#119976), Big Shot (#113439)
1 from Number One DSP Collection (MDS)

RECEIVE A FREE SPRING CATALOG  & SALE-A-BRATION BROCHURE!  
If you would like FREE copies of both sent to you, please visit my website and click contact me to let me know.  U.S. delivery only.  If you already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, please contact them directly for your catalogs.  No demonstrator requests for catalogs, please.  


No comments: