Wednesday, January 9, 2013

FMS68: Thoughtful Blimp

Today I am participating in the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge #68.  It is a clean sketch that immediately inspired me when I saw it.
Sketches with a large panels always make me think of bold images.  In this case, it is the blimp from the Moving Forward set (which benefits Ronald McDonald House).

The colors are from the SplitcoastStampers color challenge this week using Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, and Raspberry Ripple.  These colors give a vintage feeling, so I went with an old style blimp and heavy sponging on the edges to complete the feel of an old card.

The ribbon and dahlias were an easy choice for this sketch.  They are perfectly coordinated and add texture and dimension.
A fun sketch turned into a fun card that will be perfect to send to a friend I do not get to see often and has been on my mind lately.

Papers: Very Vanilla (#101650), Soft Suede (#115318)
Inks: Raspberry Ripple (#126859), Soft Suede (#126978)
Stamps: Moving Forward (#126320), Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Other Supplies: Raspberry Ripple Stitched Ribbon (#126845), In Color Dahlias (#127556), Big Shot (#113439), Chevron Folder (#127749)
Moving Forward (#126320) - Benefits Ronald McDonald House
Dahlias (#127556)
RECEIVE A FREE SPRING CATALOG  & SALE-A-BRATION BROCHURE!  
If you would like FREE copies of both sent to you, please visit my website and click contact me to let me know.  U.S. delivery only.  If you already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, please contact them directly for your catalogs.  No demonstrator requests for catalogs, please.  

3 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch. Love the stamp set! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Crystal! I love how you inked the edges in red! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the sketch, and I love the dahlia embellishments, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete